Your BIGVEE™ locates in the same location as your old bow stopper and is a “one size fits all” design. BIGVEE™ will replace old style bow stoppers sized from 75mm up to 120mm in width.
1. WITH THE BOAT MOVED BACK ON THE TRAILER A SHORT DISTANCE, REMOVE THE OLD BOW STOPPER.
BIGVEE Installation Video
2. FIT THE BIGVEE IN PLACE USING THE LARGE BOLT AND SHIMS SUPPLIED.
Ensure the BIGVEE brand name is facing upward (This ensures the square smooth polyurethane surface is facing downward for your bow eye to locate against once your boat is fully forward).
Shims are supplied so also fit those if needed. They are to be located with only the square shims on one side and only shaped shims on the other side.
If the two bolts are over length you may choose to shorten them now, or later once they are fitted and tightened.
3. MOVE THE BOAT INTO ITS FORWARD POSITION AND TIGHTEN THE CENTRAL SECURING BOLT WITH THE BIGVEE RECEIVING SURFACE LOCATED FLAT AGAINST THE BOAT BOW.
Be sure the shims are located correctly as this is your last chance to arrange them.
4. DRILL AN 8MM HOLE AND FIT THE SMALL SECONDARY LOCKING BOLT. (IMPORTANT NOTE: DRILLING THE HOLE ACCURATELY IS THE ONLY CRITICAL PART OF FITTING A BIGVEE, SO TAKE YOUR TIME AND BE PRECISE WITH THE LOCATION OF THE HOLE BEING DRILLED).
The secondary locking bolt goes through the BIGVEE™ flange and through the hole you drill in your trailers metal bow stopper support arm. Only one of the four holes in the flange will be used. Choose the most suitable hole for the bolt to locate within. The hole you choose will be the one most centrally located on your trailers bow stopper metal support arm.
Fit the small locking bolt from the inside with the nut on the outside.
5. CUT EXCESS LENGTH OFF BOTH BOLTS. REMOVE ANY SHARP EDGES AND PAINT OVER BARE METAL WITH CORROSION RESISTANT PAINT.